The Now It's Your Turn (NIYT) Foundation is excited to announce its Second Annual Day of Service and Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon on Saturday, September 11th, 2010!
NIYT's 2009 Day of Service and Launch Event (Nov. 21, 2009) was a huge success thanks to the over 150 dedicated volunteers who made a difference by participating in eight service events throughout out Westchester County. To watch the video from last year's event please click below:
This year help us to do it even bigger and better!
On September 11th, 2010 we are looking for 250 volunteers for our 2nd Annual Day of Service to participate in a variety of community service events to include building homes for the underprivileged, serving in local soup kitchens, beautifying local parks, visiting children's' hospitals and nursing homes, etc. We are expanding this year's service events to include Westchester, Long Island and New York City!
The day will be broken up into two parts:
1) 9:00am – 1:00pm - Participate in Various Volunteer Events (Tri-State Area)
2) 2:00pm - 5:30 pm - Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon (Ridge Road Park – Hartsdale, NY)
The Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon will be a fun-filled afternoon for our volunteers: Live DJ, Entertainment, Food, Raffles, Prizes, Games, Organized Team Competitions and much more!
If you would like to take part in NIYT's 2nd Annual Day of Service please contact us using any method below and our volunteer coordinators will contact you with more info.
1) Email: Sheril Varghese at email@example.com
2) Sign up through the facebook invite: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=117826094933429
3) Sign Up at the NIYT website: http://nowitsyourturn.org/join/community/
We encourage you to forward this FB invite to all your friends and family. Come out and volunteer as a group and help us reach our goal of 250 Volunteers! Hope to see you all there!
Now It's Your Turn Team.
**Volunteer Event Updates**
(New Events Will be Added here on an Ongoing Basis)
The Following Volunteer Events Have Been Confirmed for September 11, 2010:
1) Sarah Neuman Center for Healthcare and Rehabilitation (Mamaroneck, N.Y)
2) Sprain Brook Manor Nursing Home (Scarsdale, N.Y)
3) The Children's Village (Dobbs Ferry, N.Y)
4) Westchester County Dept. of Parks, Recreation & Conservation(Hartsdale, N.Y)
5) Habitat for Humanity (Westchester, NY)
6) Wartburg Adult Care Community (Mount Vernon, N.Y)
7) HOPE Community Services Soup Ktchen (New Rochelle, N.Y)
8) Lois Bronz Children's Center (White Plains, N.Y)